Art and God's Mission: Connecting art and local-church worship to poverty and injustice
1. Mission: Exploring God’s mission and how art fits into it.
2. Art: Exploring the nature of art and the role it plays in social issues.
3. Worship: Exploring what worship is and how it connects to poverty, injustice, and violence.
Specific Outcome-based Objectives:
By the end of the seminar participants will have:
1. Compared God’s mission with much of the church’s understanding of it.
2. Explored how ideas travel and the role of the ‘balladeer,’ and identify some examples of both.
3. Explored the power of art and identified its function in addressing social issues.
4. Defined worship and identified how worship in a local church setting can link to issues of poverty, injustice, and violence.